Staying the course with nutrition is often the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle change. And with nearly 80% of weight loss success being tied into proper nutrition, it’s quite possibly the most important part of the equation. One thing that makes it incredibly difficult is a lack of knowledge when it comes to recipes and the thought that it just isn’t going to taste very good. That’s why we like to provide healthy, balanced recipes once a month to help you get new food into your rotation. Healthy can be delicious and these recipes will prove it!
Here is March’s Food for Thought Recipe Healthy with a kick!
Food that’s good for you doesn’t need to be bland and this month’s recipe is a twist on “Taco Tuesday”. Enjoy!
Turkey Tacos Ingredients:
6 oz. lean ground turkey
3-6 large pieces of Romaine lettuce (for the taco “shell”)
½ Cup pico de gallo
2/3 cup cooked brown rice
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp chili powder
1. Spray skillet with olive oil or coconut oil and heat to medium/high heat.
2. Sauté ground turkey with all of the spices listed above until meat is fully cooked.
3. Once cooked, add in the pico de gallo and continue to sauté until thoroughly mixed.
4. Remove from heat and add in the rice.
5. Evenly distribute between your lettuce shells.
6. If desired, add cilantro, green onions, avocado and/or lime juice.
7. Enjoy! Healthy can be delicious if you find the right recipe!
Start a rotating list of your favorites so you’re never left without a plan! If you are looking for new ways to improve your nutrition,please contact us. We’re here to help!