For August our athlete profile focuses on Brittany Nelson! She started early in 2018 and has become a staple around CFSO. When she started, she had just missed the Ladies Powerlifting Competition and trained all year for it. Needless to say she crushed the 2019 competition and continues to impress everyone!
What do you do for a living?
- I’m an account manager for an insurance brokerage, working remotely in Nashville for the Los Angeles office. We handle the insurance for larger companies. One of my more “well known” clients is Funko.
What is your background?
- I’m from Nashville - born and raised, I'm a unicorn! Both of my parents grew up in the area.
What got you to give CrossFit a chance?
- I knew a few people who did CrossFit, and it looked like something I’d be interested in. I’ve always enjoyed the lifting aspect of working out, and I liked that CrossFit incorporated that and cardio all together, and that the workouts are always different from day to day. The same old gym routine got boring to me. I wanted the class type setting that wasn’t Zumba.
Your advice to someone anxious about trying CrossFit?
- JUST DO IT! I promise you won’t regret it. CrossFit is for anyone, all ages and fitness levels. There’s always a way to scale a workout. It’s so much fun, and such a great workout. And the community and friends you make are always so supportive. 💪
What is your proudest moment at CFSO?
- It’s hard to pick just one. But probably getting my first handstand hold. Now to do a handstand push-up....😁
How many goals have you achieved so far - and what were they?
- Too many to list! Getting my first handstand hold. Completely my first workout RX'D. Doing Murph, and the 4th of July Hero WOD. A 9:34 mile. CrossFit makes me push myself to my limits and makes me always want to do better.
How do you view the person you are today compared to before you started?
- I’m so much healthier! Mind, body, and spirit. I feel better. I’m stronger. I’m more confident.
What type of movement do you like doing, and what one do you wish you could do?
- Squats! They’re my fave. And I really wish I could do a pull-up. One day!
Tell us something people don't know about you?
- I’m an only child. And am terrible at giving interesting facts about myself lol.
When you're not CrossFitting, what do you like to do?
- Anything from hanging out with friends, out on the town, traveling, kayaking and hiking in the summer, or snowboarding in the winter, to lounging around my house with my dog watching something on Netflix.
Give us a good 'Dad' Joke....
- Why do you never see elephants hiding in trees? Because they’re so good at it! 🤣